Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Staff Picks - Shaken by Tim Tebow - Adult Non Fiction

Shaken by Tim Tebow

I’m not into sports but I’ve heard of Tim Tebow and wanted to know more. He starts out asking readers these questions, “When life shakes you up – Who are you? Who do you cling to?”

His world has been shaken up a few times. He’s asked himself these questions, “Who am I when something that has defined me my entire life is gone? Taken away.”

I was pleasantly surprised by how transparent Tim was as he allowed readers to see inside his heart; he’s not all pumped up on fame and glory. He and his family were missionaries in the Philippines

He’s created and helped fund a foundation that brings Hope, Faith and Love to children all over the world. It’s called Orphan Care. He also helps a medical facility called Tebow Cure Hospital. His foundation sponsors a yearly event titled Night to Shine (It’s like prom night).

Tim Tebow introduces readers to some of his hero’s. People that inspire and encourage him. I was amazed at how grounded and down to earth this young man is. I was also amazed at his foundation and what it does. I like this man’s outlook on life and how Tim deals with things when his world is shaken.

Nora St. Laurent
Collection Support Aide

No comments: