Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Library Limelight: Vaidhegi Vijayakumar, Collection Support Aide, Sharon Forks Library

Library Limelight is intended to be a quick read to help FCPL patrons get to know our librarians and staff. We hope you enjoy learning about the people who make our libraries great!

Vaidhegi Vijayakumar
Collection Support Aide
Sharon Forks

Where is your hometown?
I was born and raised in Chennai, India. I have been living in Georgia for the past 14 years.
How long have you been at FCPL?
I have been working at FCPL for about 3 years.
What other jobs have you had at FCPL?
I have not had any other jobs at FCPL.
Why did you choose to work in a library?
I always wanted to pursue a career in the field of education. I was impressed by the library system in this country and volunteered in a county library for about 2 years before landing at FCPL. My schedule allows me to balance work and family commitments.
Describe your job in five words or less.
Shelving, organizing, and always moving.
What is unique about your job?
It requires patience, attention to details and efficiency. I am always around good friends - be it books or friendly faces.
What is your favorite part of your job?
I am surrounded by a multitude of books. I enjoy the camaraderie with my peers, supervisor, and colleagues.
What’s the most interesting place you’ve lived or traveled?
 Taj Mahal, India and Niagara Falls, USA. Both were on my bucket list.
What are your hobbies?
Listening to music, reading books, watching movies, and spending time with friends and family
What are you reading right now?
Beartown by Fredrik Backman
Paper books, eBooks, or audiobooks?
Mostly, I prefer paper books and at times eBooks, as well.
Is there anything else you’d like to share?
Forsyth County is a great place to live. It is diverse and getting even more diversified day after day. I would like to thank FCPL for giving me the opportunity to serve the community and pursue my career in the field that I always loved!

1 comment:

The Book Club Network - TBCN said...

I have enjoyed getting to know Vaidheg better through this interview. I also have fun working with her at the library. This is a beautiful picture at Taj Mahal. I'm glad you had fun on vacation.